During our 1:1 sessions, we will dive into the unique logistics of your program language, logistics, and launch. During our in-person days, we will cover the following topics (and more!), rooted in a pedagogy of engagement.
- Appreciation vs. Appropriation
- Befriending Feedback
- Biases + Blind spots
- Creativity-Infused Lessons
- Engaged Listening
- Facilitating Difficult Conversations
- Group Dynamics
- Knowing Your Unique Audience
- Leading with Questions
- Maintaining Calm in the Chaos
- Planning + Presence — The Perfect Blend
- Popular Education + Theatre of the Oppressed
- Powerful Openings and Closings
- Rooted Ritual — Using Our Own Cultural Legacy
- Setting the Foundation
- Strength-Based Facilitation
- Your Story + What You Bring to the Room
We will gather in person from 10am-6pm on the following Saturdays. Attendance is essential.
- October 13th
- November 10th
- December — Off
- January 12th
- February 16th
- March 16th (10am-6pm) + 17th (from 10am-3pm)
In early October we will schedule our one-on-one coaching sessions which will take place each month.
In addition to our eight in-person immersion hours each month, you and I will connect for an hour-long phone session.
We will have monthly live calls via zoom.
You will also touch base with your peer partner for at least an hour every month. Like is true with most things — the more you put in, the more you will get out.
Plan for at minimum 10-hours per month.
We'll be gathering in a gorgeous studio space in NE Portland — with ample room for circling up, large tables to spread out art supplies, cozy corners for reflection, and plenty of open space for spontaneous dance parties.
This program is open to cis women, trans women, and genderqueer and non-binary folks.
If you feel this is the right program for you, then it likely is. Welcome.
- Five full day in-person sessions (+ one half-day session) with our Cohort (approximately 35 training hours) ($4,000 value)
- Five one-on-one hour-long consulting sessions with Anya to craft your unique curriculum ($1,000 value)
- Three guest facilitators — experts in their field ($1,000 value)
- Monthly peer-to-peer accountability and support (Invaluable!)
- Art of Engagement - Catalyst's Companion Resource Guide ($250 value)
- All the steps needed to graduate with your own program plan, curriculum, and course of action
- Vibrant, healthy snacks throughout each day
- All art materials and supplies provided
- Designation as a Catalyst Cohort graduate
For this inaugural Catalyst Cohort, the total cost is $3,600.
Payments can then be made over 1, 2 or 5 months.
When you register, you'll have an option to select your preferred payment cycle.
“I have had the privilege of working with Anya over the last twelve years and never cease to be amazed by her emotional sensitivity, inspired creativity, and genuine compassion. I can always count on Anya’s sensitivity and her ability to speak in an authentic voice – a rare ability that grants her the capacity to work and be comfortable with diverse groups of people.” – Lesli Mones, Founder, August Wilson Red Door Project; Founder, LeadershipLab
“Anya has an amazing ability to convert even the most skeptical participants at the beginning of a retreat into engaged members of a supportive community by the end of the day. I believe retreats with Anya are directly connected to staff retention and job satisfaction.” –Elizabeth Stock, Former Outreach Coordinator, Boys & Girls Aid
“Anya is immaculately sensitive to student needs. She consistently goes above and beyond to ensure that every participant has what they need both logistically and emotionally. Her attention to detail and ability to organize vast, creative ideas into concise and thoughtful content is incredible. I highly recommend Anya to anyone seeking heart-centered, multifaceted support to move their dream forward.” – Flora Bowley, Painter, Writer & Workshop Facilitator